Updates will appear on this page in the event of an emergency or inclement weather. See below for preparedness tips.
Care Center Closures
- Download the Zello app, which acts as a walkie-talkie.
- Download the FEMA app for emergency preparedness updates (provides an aggregate of updates from the National Weather Service, area shelters, etc.).
- Download the GasBuddy app, which can help you locate fuel.
- Tethering Your Phone - Click below for instructions on how to tether a personal hotspot to your phone to get online quickly.
- WiFi Calling - Click here for instructions on how to enable WiFi calling on your phone if you need it.
Safe Driving Tips
- Keep in mind that services such as roadside assistance, repairs and gas stations may be restricted or delayed during and after a severe weather event.
- Don't drive during a hurricane.
- "Turn around--don't drown!" Don't drive through flooded roads and avoid downed wires.
- Get vehicles to a safe area at a higher elevation, if possible, to avoid flood damage.
- Keep damaged vehicles at home or on private property, if possible. Use your standard reporting process to report vehicle damage and coordinate repair/replacement.