The safety and well-being of our patients and our people is always our top priority. We encourage you and your loved ones to take the following precautions:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick (important enough to repeat).
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Amedisys has engaged an internal, multi-disciplinary Emergency Preparedness Response Team with extensive knowledge and experience in infections disease, public health and disaster response to coordinate the organization’s efforts to prepare for the virus in accordance with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
This team will be directing the following efforts:
- Implementing emergency preparedness plans in our 479 care centers, including review of our Infection Control Policies and Procedures, Patient Emergency Preparedness Booklet, Emergency Preparedness Plan for 2020 and Staff Inventory of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Following our standard clinical protocols for preventing the spread of infectious diseases, including proper hand hygiene as well as avoiding placement of medical bags and other materials on surfaces in patients’ homes.
- Supplementing our Infection Control Manual with a COVID-19 specific policy, including screening for illness post travel or potential exposure.
- Working with local and national public health resources to ensure we have the most up-to-date information in our approach to managing the spread of the virus.
- Educating patients on symptoms that indicate a need for emergency help or further medical care.
If you are currently a patient of Amedisys or a caregiver of a patient, please direct any questions or concerns to the care center directing your care. All locations and their phone numbers can be accessed at https://locations.amedisys.com.